Last year was another year of relentless change and great uncertainty in a constantly shifting world. Technological marvels and geo-political upheavals once again filled headlines all year long. Our focus at AIM continues to be helping our core audience navigate the complexities inherent in 21st century leadership. Through an exceptionally busy year we worked with the ever-expanding virtual community, helping organizations connect their people resources to achieve business goals. Their support keeps us firmly on track as the ‘go to resource’ for meeting the challenges of the virtual workplace. With the year receding into history, I would like to make note of some key achievements and appearances that were especially meaningful for me.
Thanks to my book, A Manager’s Guide to Virtual Teams, I have gained credibility with a wide variety of organizations that value my insights about virtual work arrangements. This year I have been fortunate to share my passion about effective management in the virtual world with a wide range of individuals, teams and organizations, across many locales, time zones and continents. As I have said repeatedly for the past few years, the Virtual Office increases in demand, and I anticipate further cross cultural communication expansion in the New Year.
I’m pleased to appear in different venues, reaching a diverse audience on a number of key virtual leadership topics. Here are selected highlights:
Working on Virtual Teams:
- Video Blog on Virtual Team Leadership
- Columnist on Working @ Home
- Panelist on ODNNY on How to Support a Global Workforce
- Three-time Guest Speaker on HR and Virtual Teams for NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering
- Guest Lecturer at NYU OB Program on Virtual Teams and Global Communications
- Keynote speaker at ACTE Conference on Virtual Teams Trends
- Author recording interview (3 Questions with Author Yael Zofi) AMA Video on A Manager’s Guide to Virtual Teams
- Webinar Presenter with AMA on Leading Effective Virtual Team Meetings
- Interviewed about Global Management by Virtual Work Teams
- Guest Appearance at NYU Business Conference speaking on Virtual Teams now and future
- Radio SME on Managing Virtual Teams Successfully with Virtual Work Team
- Keynote Virtual Teams Expert Speaker at a global conference for a Pharmaceutical Client in Lisbon
Leading in Challenging Times:
- Three-time Seminar Leader with AMA on Collaborative Leadership Skills for Managers
- Four-time Seminar Leader with AMA on Successfully Managing People
- Graduate Instructor for Executive Coaching Program at NYU School of Engineering
- Graduate Summer Course Leader at NYU Polytechnic (Topic: Leadership and Team Development)
- Featured Speaker at Build Network Webinar on Managing The Virtual Workforce: The Keys To High Performance
Developing Your Career
- Featured Speaker at the annual Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business Conference in New Orleans on Managing Up
- Webinar Instructor for Foundation for Accounting Education (FAE) on networking to grow your career [based on my book, Work Your Network, Making Impactful Business Connections]
- Attendee and Participant at PwC Alumni Event at Rockefeller Center
- Virtual Coach for a growing IT/Tech company in Israel
For specifics and resources, go to the blog Newsroom.
My work is incredibly satisfying, with wide access to diverse cultures, groups and types of organizations. This access allows me to constantly refine my connections – and I can get to the heart of what my audience finds most meaningful. It’s no wonder I consider myself fortunate! Last year deepened my insight into what works today, and I often told clients that although people differences exist, what remains constant is the human drive to engage, focus and succeed. In our global business environment, the opportunities to create joint success grow stronger every year, and I have every expectation that the New Year will be even more spectacular. You’ll find a wealth of resources on my blog, and I am excited that this year we launch www.yaelzofi.com. I know you will find this site the place to go to grow your knowledge about developing people and teams that truly grow global organizations.
May 2014 bring you personal growth, professional fulfillment and much business success.